View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2002
Code Mangler

MamiyaOtaru is flying high

I agree totally about WinMX. WinMX rules. The latest Gnucleus (1.7.9.1) is compatible with LimeWire ultrapeers. Download 1.7.5.0 and use the auto evolve feature. Never liked Xolox.

Anyway, I don't think LimeWire will face internet oblivion if they continue to include adware. They will continue to make a living, which will enable them to continue devoting loads of time to improving the gNet experience. Sure some people hate adware (including me of course), but as was mentioned in this thread, the source is open, so for those people there are alternatives.

I think opening their code was gutsy on their part (notice Vinny doesn't do it). It will hopefully speed innovation, and allow us ad-haters to do without. I honestly hope AquaLime doesn't get too big. I would hate to hinder LimeWire's development. At the same time, I'm glad it's there to provide an alternative to annoying ads.

(I avoided the term spyware, 'cause it's just too overused. I'm just sick of hearing it. It's like calling it Bogeymanware or Commieware :P Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with anything done by the likes of gator, toptext and all the rest of the rogues)