View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2002
Gnutella Aficionado

Taliban is flying high
Default Re: Newer version vs Older version

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Sure the newer version has better download speed, but it's a little too smart. Unfortunately the files are only grouped by name, even though there may be many different file sizes available.
Those files are only grouped in the search results. LimeWire only swarms from files, if size AND name are the same.

Quote:
Or when Limewire automatically continues a download after doing a fresh search. Does it really work? Why can't I turn that feature off?
Why would you?

Quote:
If I un-group the files and select just the same size files and click download, it tries only the first one, and then I get a message on the screen telling me I am already downloading that named file, for each selected.
Well, - then don't do that. If you download one of those files, LimeWire will try the other locations automatically on some point. - Or even better, - keep those files grouped.

Quote:
Why can it work for the group, but not work for the files that I manually selected.
There is a different algorithm for starting the download of grouped results and results that aren't grouped.

[/QUOTE]