View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2002
Unregistered

You forgot to add that history has shown that Vinnie will do anything to win, just like Billy Gates, and I mean ANYTHING!
So the download numbers could be inflated (example, it's not that hard to write a script that downloads it 2000 times a day via a cable modem) because to him - thats the scoreboard in his little game.
Plus, he releases a new version every week or more, with one or two little fixes because he never seems to get it right the first time, and doesn't want to wait for testers to complete testing.

Thus his download "scoreboard" shows he's winning!

He soon found out that his scoreboard "points" went up right after a new release, and you can bet he started making even little changes a new version.
All those users downloading new versions over and over adds up quick. Nice trick huh?

We used to have about 30,000 nodes online at any one time before morpheus. I would say 8,000 were BS and lime had about the same. The rest were spread over all the other clients, so in reality BS and lime have been about even, in my opinion. And now that morpheus is here, the Gnucleus population has gone way up since they are looking for Morpheus but better. But BS stays at that 8,000 or so mark, so it's actually LOSING!

Hey Vinnie, your scoreboard isn't working! All your silly little tricks have come back to haunt you. You are losing big time, better go get on your own private BS network and save yourself.