Thread: *Having Fun yet
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2001
Yeah, me again

Brotaris is flying high
Default Re: Re: Re: Everyone is here!

Bodhi,

Thanks for your reply, and for the refresher course.  I am short on time this evening, so I am unable to reply back as fully as I'd like, but here's the short story......

The three examples of Vinnie's attitudinal posts you copied above all revolve around the one post by you that was deleted, and no more than one.  Vinnie's way of expressing himself is a different issue.  The issue I raised was that of people trying to create the illusion there's been a lot of censorship in the BearShare forums.  You've given only one example of censorship so far - that of deleting your post.  Perhaps someone can show one or two more examples, but beyond that.......?

As for the reprint of your deleted post:

It heavily accused Bearshare of containing spyware, it attemped to create more paranoia about the encrypted packets, and it accused Vinnie of never giving a "plausible explanation" concerning them.

1) The FACT is (http://www.abctella.com) Bearshare contains no spyware, which is starting to be proven by articles like the one at abctella.com.

2) The encrypted packets are not spy packets, and I'm becoming convinced that no matter now many times Vinnie tries to explain it in I don't know how many ways, certain people are just going to keep badgering the issue just because they like controversy and upheaval - nothing more.  Digging around a little more will reveal the information legitimate seekers of answers are looking for.

3) As just stated, Vinnie has given plenty of "plausible explanation", not only about the packets but also about the bundled 'wares in Bearshare.

You asked me this question: "I don't believe that this post deserved deletion. Do you?"
My answer: Maybe, maybe not.  Undoubtedly there are other ways to have handled it, but at the moment I suppose Vinnie was having a knee-jerk reaction to that hammer that keeps banging on his head 24/7... namely, uninformed paranoid users who jump to conclusions without doing their homework first!  (I'm not necessarily referring to you here)

I run a major e-commerce biz and right now I'm in the middle of some work that can't wait 'til morning. Hope this helped you see a slightly bigger picture than the one you've been looking at.

Brotaris