View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2002
Gnutella Jewel

sanelson is flying high
Default WTF

WTF is wrong with you people (or is it person) to start a flame thread against Vinnie based on lies. If you want the true story read the actual thread that the quote was ripped out of context from. If you're too lazy to do that before you flame then at least read the part that this Unregistered lame *** edited out:

"Gnucleus code base is quickly headed where [Bearshare] 2.6.x is, and that is a bulky outdated code base that badly needs a rewrite."

This was in response to another flame thread on Bearshare's own forum, and I think he handled it quite well.

You should be thankful for Bearshare for bringing new people to Gnutella, and helping it grow to what it is today. If it weren't for Bearshare and Limewire drawing in users and supporting the network, Gnutella would probably be dead today. And don't tell me Morpheus did it all. They merely capitalized on the fact that there was already an open network with plenty of users, the vast majority of which were from Bearshare and Limewire.

You remind me of the lame asses that used to spam the Morpheus forums with WinMX crap because they wanted everyone to use what THEY liked better. Why don't you let people decide for themselves what they like better. This childish flaming and spamming only serves to make Gnucleus look worse.

I'm not saying that Bearshare is the only choice out there, but IMO, 3.0.0 is right on par with Gnucleus feature-wise, and Bearshare has a better interface. Of course this is my opinion, and I'm not going to flame other clients to try to make them look bad like a 10 year old little boy. How old are you, by the way?