View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2002
Unregistered

Default well.

In that particular thread, Vinnie was giving an assessment of another client as he saw it, as a developer. Big deal. It was a troll at work on bearshare.net and he responded in professional way. Having seen Vinnie in action (been around a while), I'd say he was calm and honest (as he saw it). Actually, for the good of the network, you ppl should only hope that the developers could speak and deal with each other with such civility. We are all connected to each other (at least at the moment), so best to remain at least civil. Swabby might even get a good idea or two!
If all the developers agreed on everything, then we would all be running queries, swarming and sharing with each other on a huge, happy-go-lucky network. Sad that is not the case. Each has their own agenda and idea's and that is the way it is.
Sadly.

Anyway, promote your favorite client without the flames. Give a good reason why I should run something else. At the moment, I am using Gnucleus, but waiting for Bearshare 3.00 to be released. Will I be swayed to be "Gnucleus" loyal? Not on your life. At the moment it works for me. If something "better" come's along....I'm off that bandwagon in a second. (but still sharing my 56 GBs of files,btw...)

If, as you say, you have been around a while, perhaps you could use your long experience in attempting to post as registered. Many of us have been 'around for a while'. The real ones post as registered.
Sorry if this seems offensive to you, but you are in no position to complain as unregistered.

Last edited by ursula; May 27th, 2002 at 04:31 PM.