View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2002
Phex Developer

GregorK is flying high
Angry

Hi...

I was first confused by all the different errors you reported. But thanks to MamiyaOtaru note about the different behavior between the precompiled and the self compiled version from the same source I was able to find the problem. It seems to be caused by a compilation option that should only generate bytecode for java 1.3. But actually this seems to cause strange and different behavior on all kind of different Java installation.

I recompiled and tryed to release a Phex 0.7.1 yesterday, but had troubles with uploading some of the files. You can expect the complete release to come out anytime soon. It is almost exactly the same source Phex 0.7 used. Just compiled differently.
This should fix problems with repainting, sorting, adding and removing of searches, and not responding mouse clicks.

It's not the first time I heard that downloaded files are appearing in the Phex directory instead of the download directory. Unfortunatly I was not able to track or reproduce this problem. But I will continue to check what is going wrong.

Sorry for the problems this release caused, I hope Phex 0.7.1 is able to make you happy again.

Gregor