View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2001
Gnutella Veteran

SRL is flying high
Default Pushability

I did post it into the SourceForge bug forum but couldn't create a proper login to do so.

The bug is hard to pin down because it only happens under some unknown situations. Try looking for this: First the remote host should show as "Available" and "Firewalled" in the extended info (wish this was more accessible BTW, sub-folders like LimeWire uses would be nice for showing individual hosts).

Downloads will try a regular connection which will quickly fail after a few seconds - the delay normally required to wait for a push reply will be absent. It's as if no push attempt is made at all. These are addresses that show as a red "Available" or "+Available" under Gnotella.

Really I can't tell if the remote IP address, my IP address, or just some left-over pointer or flag value causing the trouble. It happens fairly often, but hard to notice since at first glance since it looks just like any other failed download. The give-away is the absence of any delay before the firewalled connection attempt fails (a push must wait about a minute for the server to reply).