View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2002
Unregistered

Developers seem to respond to threats of law suits, that's why they won't add these features, saying they might be "targets" of the RIAA if they make "pirating" easier. So we the USERS have to do the same thing to level the playing field. Sorry it had to come to this, but the developers have to realize that the RIAA isn't GOD and we have more power then them.
You should fear anyone with too much time, they could start a suit for $100 and do the paperwork on their junky old 486 machine with a printer. So fear the user, not the RIAA. I know people that have taken traffic tickets to the supreme court (and then rejected).
Or, better yet, protect the user the best you can and you won't have to worry about it.
Developers are already "targets" of the RIAA, they are on the list of things to do (or should I say things to put out of business with threats). So as soon as they realize this they might want to start thinking of protecting the USER.

The only other thing to do is use the most popular, money making program you can find, and figure that when you get sued, you can counter sue the money making program's author so you don't lose everything you own. I would say that's covering your ****.