View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2002
Unregistered

Question Regarding the .NET framework download...

Hi,
I was just wondering if the .NET framework download, which is linked from the Swapper homepage, which once installed will affect my ability to access Windows Update from my computer. The reason why I ask this is, in the past Microsoft have placed files for download from their own hosted websites, like hotfixes, security patches etc., which when they are installed, stop Windows Update from working properly. You usually end up getting a message such as "It would appear that your system administrator has decided to manually apply updates blah blah", or words to those effects. and of course you are no longer able to download from Windows Update.

I realise that the .NET framework is also available for download from Windows Update itself, however I don't want to download it from there if I can help it: 20megs would take me a long time to download. At least with the .net executable being referenced form the Swapper mainpage, I can use my trusty old download manager, and download the file at my own leisure.