View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2002
Devotee

javier__d is flying high
Post A few things to 0.7.1

Hi.

I still have many problems with last version of phex that I didn't have before 0.6.3.

Currently I got too few succesfull connections (in and out) and they rarely hold for longer than 15 minutes. And usually I don't see any message before they just disappear from my 'connections' tab. I mean that there should be some message printed in column 'Status' when connection is lost and the line should stay there for a few seconds so I can read it.
Most of the time I'm not connected, so I cannot search for new candidates.

Anyway I downloaded some files already (I wasn't succesfull in that since 0.6.2). But what I miss in 'download' tab is a column where curent number of candidates for particular downloads is displayed so I don't have to select each of them to know, weather there are some candidates or not (or perhaps some other way to show that). The 'Queued' status doesn't say too much.

Next thing is about candidates themselves. When phex cannot connect and download from particular host that is supposed to have requested file, it removes it under some conditions. I'd like to suggest that it always holds at least one host (more would be better) and e.g. increases time interval to wait before retry if it cannot connect for the same reacon for more times. This is good for rare files that only few people have and so are hard to find with normal search. So I can retry to connect when the man just started his client and is not connected to gnutella network yet. Chances are higher for succesfull download then.
Currently when I have succesfull search with let's say 5 hits for the file I want to download and all candidates disappear from the 'candidates' tab, I manually readd
all found hits from the 'search' tab. It's not too handy.

I'd write more, but I think that's enough for one post anyway . Perhaps just a request to add button 'add as candidate' to passive search tab.

Thanx for Phex.

Javier