Thread: some questions
View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2002
Apprentice

nouiz is flying high
Default Re: some questions

Quote:
Originally posted by AlienPenguin
1. I installed LimeWire 2.4.4 in the /opt directory and the Shared/Incomplete folders are /opt/LimeWire/Shared(incomplete). Why is that everytime i start lw it creates two empty folders (Shared/Incomplete) in my home dir?

This is a bug that I already heard about. The team is now pretty buzy. They are finising the implementation of HASH and other thing also.

2. Why every new search (even repeat search) adds new threads in my top? arent the old ones destroyed?

LimeWire is threads heavy. So they create a thread for each search. easyer to make that way. Thread when used wisely can be very helpfull to simplify the code

3. when downloading grouped files it does not resumes properly if the name provided by the first host answering is different from the one in the incomplete folder.... will hashing solve this?
Grouped file will should most of the time be able to resume from them. But LW group file if they seam to be the same. They do other verification before downloading them together. Yes hash will solve this. They are actualy implamenting it in the CVS version of LW. Will be very helpfull when fully implemented and and curent host change their version to the one that support it.

Nouiz