View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2002
Apprentice

0160 is flying high
Lightbulb REALLY!?!

if they are as high as 1.5 million or even a 3rd of that. that is extremely large for a network that is 1/10th the speed of DC.

I downloaded a few gigs of movies in much less the time that it took to grab ONE movie using BearShare or LimeWire. I have also downloaded SEVERAL COMPLETE APPS using DC in FAR less time than it took to completely download ONE complete APP using BearShare or LimeWire. I actually had MUCH better luck with BearShare than LimeWire but DC kicked both their tails. The only problem I have now with DC network and their clients is that both DC and DC++ are flakey and buggy while their network is ran by too many bloated egos. There are SOME really cool people out there and I am so glad I have met them but I would say the ratio is 1 to 4 (1 being the cool and 4 being the lame a$$holes that get off on kick/banning at a whims notice).

It could also be that the DC network is less secure in so much it is too easy for anyone to grab some ones IP address and start hacking away at their computer.

Remember, nothing stays the same and nothing is perfect. It is our voices that help make a difference so keep up the feedback as will I. I tell it like it is. I certainly not loyal to any single platform or client so long as a better one rises above the rest.

On a note of security, DEFCON mentioned the development of a new and MORE secure p2p like network which would help to protect peoples identity. Of course it is nearly impossible to attain such a goal and they will probably not achieve 100% anonymous file sharing capabilities as anyone can so a [START] RUN "netstat -a" or use another IP/PORT monitoring binary but at least it would keep SOME of the lame script kiddies at bay.

WHO will be at DEFCON X ? (I MIGHT) from San Diego CA (cost is $75 USD now though.)