View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2002
Novicius

AlenaD is flying high
Exclamation Connection Issues After Months of Use With No Problems

I'm running a PowerMac 6500/250 (yes, I know it's an old computer, I'm saving up for something better), on a cable modem, running system 8.6.

I've been using LimeWire for *months* now and have never experienced any real connection issues until just a few days ago.

Basically, what happens is I open LimeWire, it does connect for about 3 seconds (I get the green button), then before I can do anything, it goes to red. I go to the menu and choose 'Connect', it will be green for about half a second, then it's back to red again.

I haven't changed anything.. I haven't changed the version, I haven't changed the settings, nothing. The only thing I can think of is that I got a bug error the last time I used the program.

I went throught the FAQs, I tried the Telnet troubleshoot, and my ISP doesn't appear to be blocking the LimeWire server.

Anyone have any ideas? I just uninstalled today, then reinstalled, but somehow all my old settings are still in there, which I don't really understand. In any case, the problem still exists.

PLEASE help.. I don't know what I'd do with no LimeWire! Thanks!

-- Alena

Last edited by AlenaD; June 9th, 2002 at 04:05 PM.