Thread: Aqualime???
View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2002
LimeWire Developer

afisk is flying high

AquaLime is a version of LimeWire based on the LimeWire code base. It includes skins, which LimeWire will be adding in the next major release. Jason, the developer of AquaLime also tends to release the current LimeWire code far before we do. This has pluses and minuses. It means that you get all of the features that we're working on more quickly, but it also means that the version will be more buggy than LimeWire feels comfortable releasing. AquaLime 2.5.0, for example, contains code that we have not released yet, and almost assuredly contains bugs that are unhealthy for the network (I've been fixing significant bugs on an almost daily basis, particularly with a significant piece of code that we've recently added, which means there is some pretty buggy code floating around out there).

So, AquaLime has cool skins and the latest "features", but I would recommend against using any version of AquaLime that has a higher version number than the most recent LimeWire. The most recent LimeWire is 2.4.4, so I would not recomment using any version of AquaLime above 2.4.4. LimeWire has a rigorous testing process that we run throught and revise on a daily basis. If we don't release code, that means it's buggy and potentially damaging to the network, so if you want to use AquaLime, stick to the version corresponding the most recent LimeWire, please!!