Thread: 1.5 features?
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2001
scud

Default Re: if it aint broke...

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
as the origional poster i have to disagree with scud on a couple things
1st dont get rid of forced ip, i know where ur going with teh invalid frustrating ip's but it would be better to just program limewire to drop those ppl off the network i use forced ip cuz im behind a firewall
I wrote to get rid of the "manual" (user does it) entering of a forced ip address. It needs to be automatic (it forces your exact ip address via dns query or whatever else)

Quote:

2nd i like being able to search for the exact filename not to resume but because it was a unique file i wanted while searching on a general topic and i dont want 2 go thru 2000 files to find it again
keywords will produce more results of the same filename. If you search for "the_band_-_the_song.mp3" only a few people are going to have that exact file in that filename. But if you searched for maybe "the band" or "the song" in audio file type of limewire. It will give you all the results with those keywords. Which means better grouping (multiple hosts with the same file = better download succession rate). Its only 2000 files big deal. You can click or double-click on a column header such as QUALITY and it will sort all the results in either best to least or least to best. Same with NAME, A-Z or Z-A. Just click and scroll download to your filename that easy. You have to remember some people might have that exact same file but with just a slight change in the filename (ex: the band- the song.mp3). If you searched for the_band_-_the_song.mp3 you wouldnt get the result back. Maybe that guy with the band- the song.mp3 doesnt have any upload slots filled b/c everyone wants to search for exact filenames instead of keywords.

i do agree about cuting off the freeloaders at teh search instead of the download it will be less frustrating for both
it would be especially great if they got a freeloader error message somehow so they would know 2 share files

i also would like ot see a list of new features and ojce again an approximate release date [/B][/QUOTE]