View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2002
Novicius

Biggus is flying high
Default LimeWire or underlying problem?

Hi czei,

Had it occurred to you that it may not be LimeWire itself that's causing the problem you're experiencing, but an underlying problem with your OS X installation?

The reason I ask is that, in the normal course of events, OS X seems to be fairly stable (i.e., it takes something pretty major to bring it down completely as opposed to merely having an individual app quit). Have you run any diagnostics to check on the 'health' of your filesystem? If not, it might be an idea to do so prior to pursuing the problem LimeWire seems to be causing (it may, after all, simply be bringing to light something otherwise unrelated to LimeWire's performance).

If you want a recommendation on diagnostic software I'd suggest first running 'fsck' (that's the UNIX 'file system check' utility)--see enclosed text file; then, if you have it, Drive 10. I find the combination of these two seems to find/repair most of the problems I've had thus far.

[FYI, I'm successfully--if slowly!--running LimeWire 2.4.4 under OS X 10.1.5 on a PowerBook G3/400/FW with 192mb RAM.]
Attached Files
File Type: txt amazing disk effect.txt (1.9 KB, 231 views)