View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2002
Downloader extraordinar!!

RealBigSwede is flying high
Angry Re: Don't believe the hype

Quote:
Originally posted by John Blackbelt Jones
So far I haven't seen any proof for gator (&c) being an evil spytool, as some people like to state. Surely, I wouldn't install it (for a couple of reasons), but I don't believe those tools are as dangerous as you think. I've not seen any log-files that actually indicate Gator is doing any worse than tracking which websites you visit and how often you visit them.
If you are so afraid of spyware (paranoia?!), - don't use proprietary software.
I'm sorry John you are soooo wrong. Gator is one of the "best" spyware and slimeware. Yes, it "helps" you fill in your form while it checking out where and what you doing on the net. One other great "helper without the spyware is "roboform"( http://www.roboform.com/), it's even have a password "generator". Recoment by PC Magazin becauce it have no spyware. An other "super" spy is "Bonzi", it will take over, even change you browzer, and all the time it will tell you "why don't we go to my favorit sites" and the it takes to a shop site.
I using "ADWare" to clean out all spyware about every day or when i closeing down my internet conection. (Ok so I'm little paranoid, but every week i kill about 5 - 10 spyware that I have got'n on line.)

Last edited by RealBigSwede; July 9th, 2002 at 09:07 AM.