View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2002
Connoisseur

cultiv8r is flying high
Default Re: Other question (to Cultiv8r)

Quote:
Could you tell me about legal and burocracy stuff, or where to read about it?. I mean things like how to register the name of your servant (legal registration, no in the GDF database), how to register as a company (in US), how much cost, etc. I suppose that you have to go thru this stuff while you create your servant. I am pre-designing my servant, and this could be useful to me later. I think I am a good developer but I don’t have idea of this stuff. So, if anyone thinks that this isn't place to ask those things, I could say that is a developer issue too, since it's needed. You could see me as competency, but as you said, other clients would wide gnutella user base too.
Well, most of that information can be obtained from your local Chamber of Commerce, check the blue pages of the phone book.

You don't really have to start as sole proprietor, LLC or Incorporated company if you'd like to make a closed source client. But an LLC or incorpration will certainly help when it comes to liability issues. So in essence, you could release it with your name on the copyright.

Also, the Chamber of Commerce can refer you to a number of professionals experienced in this area (legal and liability protection that is) at reduced rates or even free. Just inquire about it.

Whatever path you take, good luck