View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2002
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: Request removal of "powers", abuse of them

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Sorry to have to do this but Ursula is now threatening users for their opinions, and making wild threats against gnutella clients.
Being a representitive of Gnutellaforums this should be of concern to all moderators here.

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=12591

"If this particular unregisterd 'braiser' wishes to carry on his crusade,
"braiser" was an attempted humorous reference to the trend for you to not often go into full flame mode --- braiser - small flame -------- geddit?
Quote:
there are several established clients which are ripe for the 'roasting'."
Threats?
read, junior... read. CLIENTS, junior... CLIENTS were stated to be ripe for roasting...... Oh dear, she is still carrying on with the braiser and flame routine by saying roasting.
And, junior, what the 'big-boys' have been doing these last few months are more than worth a good roasting.

Quote:
"You are now tracked."
More threats?
Oh yeah..... quite serious really.... It means I write your IP down on a list with a few others......
Heavy, hmmm?
Quote:
Should I worry about this anon unknown moderator trying to hack into my computer because they have my IP address and a personal grudge against me?
Yes, certainly, of course... I sure would. Absolutely. What was the question?

Quote:
"Cool it with the negativity. I said 'please' the first time I asked you this....... there will be no repeat of that word."
More threats?
Certainly. I never say please more than once to people who don't hear the first time. You seem to be quite happy ignoring the fact that you DID get a please out of me.
Quote:
So are negative opinions not allowed here anymore?
Of course they are allowed here..... this has been covered before. We are not concerned with negative opinions.... We are concerned with negative BEHAVIOUR..... two entirely different things, right?
Quote:
And what besides editing/deleting my posts is next? DOS attacks against my IP?
You have left out plague, war, famine and pestilence. What's your favourite?

Quote:
"I will NOT except unfounded and unproven negative comments which blast away at another client, no matter what or whom that client may be."
Abuse of powers, and editing posts when it's unnecessary because it's against this moderators opinion, or just to show the "power position".
Sorry, junior but zero points for you on that one. It is entirely due to your remarkable consistency at being always abusive and aggressive. You have a habit which is not productive when it comes to helping people or discussing nearly anything.

Quote:
"Why, I am someone who out-ranks you here"
More abuse, show of "power". I didn't know there were "ranks" of users here, and am I on the bottom rank and have to obey this "commander"?
Junior, you are going to have to start taking humour pills.
Start with the ones that allow you to receive and then later try the ones that might help you send......

Quote:
Yea, maybe I am a pain in the **** sometimes, and have strong opinions, and bring up strong controversy but I haven't violated any forum rules.

Even this message could be edited, deleted or modified so abuse of this type of power should be not allowed. Only level headed people should be given moderator powers.

Why was this person given "super moderator" powers when it shows this person has only been around here for a month now? What are the qualifications?
Think of me as your very own 'over-night sensation'....... I've been around awhile, junior, awhile. More of those little quick-off-the-mark habits you have..... hmmm?

Quote:
Power corrupts.
Don't it just!
It also usually means having to occasionaly come into contact with unpleasant things.

btw, I still haven't been able to find any wild threats against Gnutella clients. Any hints where they might be? I suppose they must be stashed away with all of the posts of yours which I have deleted and edited into oblivion, hmmmmmm, junior?

Now, wasn't that nice of me to take the time to respond to you and your little problems?