View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2002
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: one host problems

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm new to this and am having a problem when I do find something to download the majority of my choices only have one host which basically means nothing is going to download

I think my settings are right what's the problem?also has anyone used Qtrax? it seemed like a great program but kept giving me MFC42.DLL errors
Hi...

First, do not think that you will have no luck with downloading a file because there is only one other sharing it - Unfortunately you must wait your turn for an Upload 'slot' to be available with the other person. You do not always have to wait, sometimes things happen instantly, but it is completely normal to wait - sometimes to wait for days... Be patient and it will all start flowing, really!

The ability to downlaod a file from more than one person at a time is very new, misunderstood by many people and not something which should make you believe that you will have no success in D/Ling from a single source. Also, you may start a download from a single source and other sources will come in later. Patience will be rewarded

About Qtrax2 - It is probably the absolute worst client out there today and it is being used by many people in any extremely abusive and harmful way..... Harmful to the Gnutella network and a total pain for other users. Should you decide to use it, do not be surprised to find yourself cut off by other users or simply denied access. I am quite happy to admit that I am one of the people who, if I see a Qtrax2 user trying to download from me, will observe for a few moments and if I see the characteristic Qtrax2 'hits' once per second, I simply block that users IP address forever.

Hang in there, and it will all start to make sense to you very quickly...... Now that IS worrying, hmmm?