View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2002

Moak is flying high
Default Re: I see no future for thi 0.7 proposal

Quote:
Originally posted by ram
However, not everything you propose is to throw away. It's just that the premisses of your proposal are wrong, and you target your efforts on things that are superfical inconveniences (but would be a pain to backout) instead of moving forward and constructing.
Thx master. Here the goals from my old suggestion:
- full HTTP alike connections, to achieve an easy parser
- straight and simple connection sheme, easy and fast
- very flexible desgin for later needs, avoiding a 0.8 in near future *g*
- don't hurt old v0.4 servants, let them still be operable

I won't argue anymore which handshake is more complex and why I don't like the name ultrapeers or the concept behind it. AFAIK the GDF still has no proposal for LAN auto configuration, UDP autofind or internationalisation/UNICODE, is the chat protocol documented meanwhile? v0.7 ideas are about half year old, meanwhile I prefer GNUXP's concept (ask GodXblue for details).
In the past I made suggestions and spend time to improve things and bringing new ideas from different file sharing systems, just take what you like. I found out other developers are not really interested in my experience or support (the friendly way of saying : I know I'm not welcome here). I would have appreciated if Gnutella would be more honest and more cooperative.

Happy developing.

Last edited by Moak; June 28th, 2002 at 04:12 PM.