View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2002
Gnutella Jewel

sanelson is flying high
Default Morpheus is destroying the network!

Original thread can be found here.

I'm starting to think that Morpheus IS funded by the RIAA, though! Lame [EDIT] ruin every file I try to download. Anyone else ever get this problem?

You download an mp3, listen to it in Winamp, and as you're listening, you see the bitrate drop drastically down towards 0, and the sound is gone! THIS IS THE WORK OF MORPHEUS!!!!

The only fix so far is to turn on secure downloads and try again.

I wish Morpheus had a phone number so we could call and [EDIT] at them 24/7 until they fixed the lousy lame-[EDIT] client!

Vinnie, you're looking for a feature that everyone wants? I've got it right here, it's called "Block Morpheus."

Question... to both Vinnie and Shareaza...
Do either one of you have a fix to this problem? And, no, blocking and secure downloads are not a fix, but they're a start in the right direction.

Maybe if every other client blocked Morpheus (which WILL single handedly destroy the network if it's not blocked!) the millions of newbs that still use it will migrate over to a better client, like Bearshare or Shareaza.

Or we could pull a KaZaA! Block Morpheus at the host-caches! Great [EDIT] idea! You could block the misbehaving client, and when the Morpheus people see that their already diminishing millions are once again migrating over to other better clients, they'll finally decide to fix the problem. You can let the new properly behaving client connect, but always keep the misbehaved client blocked so people will either upgrade or switch to something better.