View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2002
Gnutella Jewel

sanelson is flying high

No, I'm not exaggerating. You can't download a file anymore without it being corrupt. Even if you're downloading hashed files! What point is the network if you can't download files? That sounds like destruction of the network to me. Plus, there's no doubt in my mind that this behaviour by Morpheus will cause many people to leave the Gnutella network in favor of other proprietary networks, such as KaZaA and WinMX. No files = no users = no network. And you don't think they need to be blocked? How can you say I'm over-exaggerating? Morpheus has just accomplished in a matter of weeks what the RIAA has been trying to do for years.

If things don't change quick, we'll have just witnessed the death of Gnutella. Not by the RIAA, the MPAA, or some government agency... but by some greedy half-wit developer, who cares more about holding on to his diminishing user-base for as long as he can than work quick to resolve the problem and keep the network ALIVE! Why should he care? They're building their own client on their own network. They must be getting very close to a release date, because they care NOTHING about Gnutella anymore!

Last edited by sanelson; July 2nd, 2002 at 11:18 AM.