View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2002
Misanthrope

jeffwrobel is flying high
Default Analog to digital music

I am thinking of getting an analog to digital converter so that I can produce quality mp3 files from old records. I know, all records are old, but I am a diehard old 80's punk/new wave fan that has a tough time getting a hold of some titles. When the vinyl disappears on most of these tunes, there is nothing left anywhere, ever! Some albums were just not profitable enough to make cd's of, so they became semi-extinct. I am so grateful to the dedicated folks out there who have put their vinyl on mp3 format and shared it with the rest of us. Things like old ******** and countless other bands. We need more people like you. I would love to put some of my stuff out there. I have a Mac, so the converter is like only $40 or something. Does anyone know a good way to mix/master these things. Unfortunately, some of the converted stuff out there is of nasty quality (and some stuff is pristine). I want to do it right the first time. There are lots of local bands around the greater Boston and Providence area who never got the great exposure of peer-sharing and whose music is lost. My collection has dwindled over the years, but I used to work at a college radio station and I am sure I can snag some good stuff. Not any old garbage or ultra-weird obscure stuff, but really good music.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by birdy; February 1st, 2008 at 02:15 PM.