View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2002
Devotee

Wolf is flying high

My thoughts exactly. We think along the same lines Ironman Consider your next beer bought by me

Just keep watch of the file size of your search. The average minimum size of a song is around 1.5 megabytes and that would be about a 1 minute song. The way I even it out is for each meg, thats how long the song will be. If its 5megs its probably 5 mins long. Its wrong I know but its a good way to figure out the fake names vs the true songs. If the file is under 500k, unless it is what you're looking for, do NOT download it please!!! These !!blahblah files are definately ones to avoid and through my research seem to involve some sort of program. I have done some test searching with dummy names and no matter what I type in, even if I type in the word 'dummy', it'll eventually show up !!dummy.asf or something similar. Avoid these at all costs, its obviously some program or something designed to mess your computer up. Its reminiscent of a few Unix programs I've come across during my MUDding years.

It echos my earlier post that Xolox might consider an ebay approach extending on the score issue and using it as more of a User reliability score. I know it would be tough to program probably impossible, and may even rely on user registration so I don't expect it to be on the top list of ideas but as far as allowing for download reliability it would be fantastic, allowing users to download a file, not by score but by user reliability, bet I'd be high on the list After you'd download a file you could give a thumbs up to who you downloaded from. I don't expect it to be considered, its more of a dream, but I'm truly tired of trying to download something and it being a complete waste of time, especially if it took days to download, and turns out to be an advert and website jump for the bangbus. If you know what I'm talking about laugh ->here<-. It would discourage the fakers and encourage the true heroes. Do you have any idea how long I've been trying to catch a glimps of Undercover Brother without it being a fake?!?! Then again I do live in the "south" (are there any brothers out there who can help a white boy out?! )

I should thank those who have the audio and video files that jump you to a website because I've succesfully added them all to my AdsGone program which kills the site jump each time

Does anyone, including Team X have any suggestions? I'm just an idea man Hey, if I ever win the lottery I promise Team X a portion of it, you guys rock, if it weren't for your hard work I'd never share anything. =)

Wolf