View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2002
Gnutella Admirer

Gratis is flying high

So the main point for me, is that in registering for various sites and services, my spam email accounts (yahoo.com and hotmail.com) now receive 170 emails a week that I have to delete (I've long since past the 255 blocked addresses) in order to stay below the 5mb max.

Not only is this annoying and potentially dangerous (pseudo-real subject lines on messages that conatin viruses), but it defeats the purpose of being notified of replies to my messages.

Not registering is not about anonymity -- you will notice that non-registrants' IPs are logged. Registration is just a pain in the butt, especially for anyone with only one or two things to say.

If the moderators would have posted a sticky that says that unregistered guests can enter a nickname to distinguish them, the confusion would have been less.

Again, I was pleased that unregistered users were allowed in these forums. However, now, apparently, unregistered users are no longer allowed to post in the main forum. I do browse these forums a lot so I broke down and registered.

Look what I can do! And this too!
  • or this
  • or even this!!
hehe

Gratis

Oop and even this:

I hope I don't get any junk mail for registering here.

Last edited by Gratis; July 3rd, 2002 at 05:54 AM.