View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2002
Apprentice

herptile is flying high
Unhappy Disappearing Downloads Queue - Please Help

I hope someone can help with this!

Limewire mostly runs well on my system (no crashes, disappearing song files or windows, or the other problems I've seen mentioned here) but every few times that I have to quit and restart Limewire it loses all of the data on songs that I was downloading. In other words, after a restart (or a quit/relaunch of Limewire with the computer running continuously) my downloads window will be empty, despite the fact that I had dozens and dozens of files lined up to download. This trashes many hours worth of work and is mondo frustrating! At other times it will relaunch and all my downloads will happily be there and resume -- oh how I hate intermittent problems! I have not detected any pattern as to when or why this occurs.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Or, do you know of a way to save the download queue before quitting in case this happens (other than a command-shift-4 snapshot of the folder and then re-searching and re-loading all the lost items, which of course takes forever)?

I have already done the hack reccomended on this forum to increase the memory Java uses for Limewire, and that did increase responsiveness, especially when loading my shared library which used to take looong minutes (so thanks for that hack!) but no apparent effect on this other bug.

FYI I am running Limewire 2.4.4 on a dual GHz G4 with 1.5 G of ram and a cable modem, running under system 10.1.5

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions, info, shared troubles, etc!