View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2002
Novicius

Rubani is flying high
Lightbulb Length and Quality

I'm a recent convert to LimeWire Pro from the fiasco that is Morpheus and the spy-scam that is Grokster - but there are two features I've been looking for that don't seem to exist on LimeWire.

1) On those other services, you can tell the recording quality of audio files by looking at whether a file is, say, 96 or 128 or 256. The higher that number, the larger the file, but also the better the quality. Is there any way to find this info using LimeWire, or can it be programmed in as an option? When I download something from LimeWire and then open it up in Grokster, all that info is there.

2) Track length. Again, the info is there when I open a file from LimeWire in Grokster. This is important, because I want to know what version of a song I'm getting, to tell whether I'm getting the original. Is there any way to find this info before a download?

These are the two features that I would love to see. Otherwise, the interface is very neat, and the experience is a welcome relief from those other programs!