View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2001
Gagme

Thumbs down Re: Not an option

---- Mind reading device ACTIVATED.....

Originally posted by Vinnie:
>I can't do that.

I won't do that.

>Defender brings with it a major logistics nightmare when extended protocol messages have their format changed.

Defender is my attempt to wipe out all the other clients, so I need to do it my way. It's not that I couldn't let all the other gnutella developers know what my proprietary "I thought of it first so its mine, mine, mine" messages are, since I am using their network to try to make a buck, but I never was good at sharing my toys with others. Hope no one finds out.

>And, the issue of supporting multiple languages demands a robust 'product identifier' capable of distinguishing the OEM ID (for branded versions i.e. "LycosShare"), build number, alpha/beta/release status, and version number.

I hope that baffles them enough to just leave me alone. I have no clue what I just said. Hope they don't catch on. I've got to get back to thinking up more control packet stuff, I love this sneaky stuff....

>However, these messages have their TTL set to 1 now so it is strictly a servent to servent exchange.

I will set it back later because I know this won't work to my satisfaction, damn I'm sneaky!

----- Mind reader DISENGAGED