View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2001
Disciple

Superpic25 is flying high
Default More periodic freeze observations

I've tried running LW in debugging mode as described in Adam Fisk's previous post in this thread. The good news is that the Java Console window came up and displayed a verions of 4.o for something (sorry don't remember the initials but it wasn't MRJ). The bad news is that although I experienced a couple of "sleeping" freezes during my session, nothing was logged to this window.

I mentioned earlier that "hosts dropping off" seem to precede a sleeping freeze, but I should add that I didn't actually see the host count go down before a freeze set in, but in each it was definately down immediately after. Given the symptoms of a freeze, I imagine it's hard to say whether the count really dropped after the freeze or whether the counter just wasn't updated prior to freezing.

Also I'm not sure if this is a LW or Mac OS anomaly, but after running LW the memory allocation display doesn't seem to add up. In other words I'm shown my total memory and how it is allocated to running processes. The allocations and the free space do not equal the total. Would this be evidence of a memory leak?

Hope this helps.