View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2002
Brain updates D/Ld on P2P

MacTerminator is flying high

To any RIAA, MPAA, Sony, EMI etc. scouts who may be watching this forum, I'd like you to pass on my sincere thanks to your bosses.

"Has he gone mad?" I hear you cry.

Well, no. I've been reading news and reactions about 'The Industry's' anti-file-sharing campaign over the last few days and it seems they've managed to turn everyone against them (did hey have many supporters beforehand?) - which, with people as generally open-minded and patient as the music fraternity, is an admirable feat (I don't include flatliner CD consumers brainwashed by carpet-bomb marketing in this group).

In a short time, they seem to have mobilised a large number of developers who have vowed to unite and produce more efficient clients/protocols with much improved security features - such as untraceable hosts. The advance of P2P technology will accelerate drastically and the anti-big-label boycotts of disgruntled music******rs will increase the number of P2P users as recent publicity may already have done to a certain extent.

As for the attacks themselves - I don't listen to Britney, N-Sync or any of their clones so it doesn't affect me, and their fans are the ones that have been brainwashed into buying the CDs anyway.

So thankyou RIAA for digging your own grave and giving such a big boost to P2P development!

Last edited by MacTerminator; July 7th, 2002 at 09:13 AM.