View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2002
Unregistered

Question download resumption not working/download # limit?/false availabilities?

Three questions/problems:

1) When I get a partial sometimes it will complete later, but most often not, even when I do a new search and see the file is available again.

2) With other programs (Morpheus, the old Napster, Kazaa), it makes a difference how many downloads/uploads are running at the same time. XoloX does not allow us to control uploads, and I have not found any mention of suggested maximum number of downloads in the FAQs?

3) About 80% of the time a search will tell me a file is available but after I click and transfer to my downloads -- it comes back as "searching, 0 busy, 0 buffer" indicating XoloX can not find that file -- yet if I go back and do a fresh search -- there it is still?

I am using DSL and Windows 98SE, and version 1.20 of XoloX. When I first downloaded and used XoloX it ran well and fast, but now getting a successful download is the exception. I close all other programs and let it run even through the night for days, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still am experiencing poor performance?

Frustrated!