View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2001
JD

Thumbs down PHEX 0.50 No Go On Wi*** at least

Sorry Konrad, but I have given up.
PHEX 050 is very buggy, at least in my Wi*** setup (56K modem).
V046 used to run very fine indeed, with hopes of a few improvements (connection speed, program display speed etc.).

V0.50 stuffs up some buffers after some time, and no connections are possible any more. Not even when using V046, or other Gnutella clients and the PC has to be rebooted to get Gnutella clients working again (browser still work though).

Other problems seen:
- Can no longer select a bunch of hosts manually and connect (which is quite good in V046).
It seems to now really only like what is specified in Network Setup = Very slow to find good hosts.

- It's hit count in the share window is totally impossible, showing far too many hits than could be possible.

The only improvment, apart from the problems now, seems to be the sorting of the columns, i.e. not having to use the SHIFT key anymore.

But I certainly CANNOT use V0.50 at all! Sorry.

I will continue to use V0.46, as it's 'candidate' features and finding same length filenames is very, very good.

Expected a lot of new this and that, especially cause it became a new version number, from 0.4x to 0.5, but apart from the column sorting, I can see no difference - only new and disastrous problems.

Hope this message will assist as feedback in sorting these probs out and I hope you will continue to improve this really promising Gnutella client (with the help of others).

Kind Regards
JD