View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2002
Devotee

javier__d is flying high

Hi

I'm on Linux using binary distribution for j2re 1.3. And now that you've mentioned the number of connections I have tried to increase number of connections (in phex) from 7 to 20 and have come to following.

A try to make an outgoing connection should be dropped after some timeout value. Mostly I see this happend with an error message "Error. Timeout while opening socket.". But some of tries to connect last much longer without beeing successfull. As the other connections drop after some time, this "BAD" tries to connect move upwards in my connections list and eventually fill all allowed connection slots and stay there. So phex doesn't try to make any new outgoing connections.
When these tries are removed manually phex starts to work fine (till it's not stuck with this tries again).

And still the problem with too short connections. Maximum time I see connection to hold is about 10 minutes.

And one more question: I have several connections (Incomming) from the same IP. Is it ok? Is it normal?

Thanx that You care.

Javier