View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2002
Connoisseur

Treatid is flying high

LimeWire 2.5.1 (pro), Java 1.4, W2K...

A couple of recoverable error bug reports have been sent to Bugs@limewire.com

Minor detail - probably more to do with Java than LimeWire... The dialogue boxes for selecting download and share locations do not support Windows network locations - i.e. I cannot browse to a network location (e.g. \\Mark\D\LimeWire).

I /can/ enter the location manually and it all seems to work (albeit - hashing of a few Gig across a 100Mb network connection is not very practical).

I haven't yet been able to shut down LimeWire and restart it without LimeWire getting locked into a state where it uses 100% CPU (Athlon XP 1500). It might eventually recover from this state - but not within the half hour to an hour that I've allowed it so far.

I have a suspicion that the problem relates to an inconsistency between the download.dat file and the actual files in the incomplete folder. If I delete the entire contents of the incomplete folder then LimeWire will start up without a problem (obviously with no files in the download queue).

Usually LimeWire does not immediately use 100% of CPU, but starts to do so at some point as it goes through the download queue.

I still have a problem whereby uploads drop off to 0KB/s and effectively block my upload queue (I have my upload bandwidth throttled).

When upgrading from 2.4.4 to 2.5.0 and then to 2.5.1, LimeWire did *not* keep my previous settings.

Mark