Thread: No songs listed
View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2002
Gnutella Muse

Freiluft is flying high

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joakim Agren
[B]

You missinterpretted my suggestion.I suggested that he/she should have increased the preffered memory(maximum) and not the minimum value.You should never increase the minimum value only the maximum value.And Apple recommends that you assign 30000-32000K of maximum memory to MRJ and minimum 40000K(But preferrably 64000) to LimeWire.

Sorry, Joakim, but you have misunderstood me. The default for LW is minimum: 1101 KB, preferred and recommended: 2125 KB. And you are saying what a wonderful world it would be to give LW 64000K??????? This might have been a good idea back in the days of memory leaks, but now it is really quite excessive. If an error happens when you give LW 5 or 10 MB, then it will happen if you give it that much as well. And if by chance one really does need to give LW complete control of your computer in such a way, then it is a very poorly written app.

Your Mac will not explode if you increase the minimum RAM allocated, or set minimum as the same as preferred/rec. I don't know where you get your information. I've been doing it for years to assure various apps. lots of breathing room (Word, for example), and as I recall, this was even a suggestion for Word.