View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2002
Devotee

Gaio Macareg is flying high
Default Upload transfers

I'd like it a lot if the program would leave up the list of which files I actually have people grab just the same way that it lets me choose to delete automatically or manually the files I've grabbed from others.

I don't know about anyone else, but I use my shared folders for storing the files I use myself. I don't have duplicates. So when I'm done with something it's gone. But if I knew a ton of people wanted it, I'd probably keep it around until it's popularity dropped. Right now, I'd have to spend all day watching to see when someone is grabbing a file from me and keep a manual log of what that file is. I like to be helpful and share what people want, and the upload transfers list is the only information I have to tell me what people are actually looking for (opposed to what they are providing for others, not the same thing at all).

An alternate/additional way to do this is to least tag the files in my list of shares under the files window. Where you now have 4 columns (file name, size, date modified, type) add a column for uploaded this many times.