View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2002
Unregistered

Angry spy are installed when downloainf lime wire?

When I installed limeware any website I go to with certain phrases have 'text to links'. For instance, on my site ( a web development and hosting site ) everywhere it says 'web development or similar, it becomes a link to and 'alt' style popup text about another company that does the same thing. I understand that they have to support themselves via ads, but molesting every page I want to see with links to competitors? Isn't that a bit much? Any way to disable that bit? I tried the free version to see how I liked it and it worked great I was just about to buy it when this all came up. Now I question what other intrusions I may encounter. Simple solution - lose the irritatiingstuff from th free version and make the free version have not as many features, And sell the version without any ads or content raping for 19.95. I'd pay that for this program provided I knew that all it did was what the program screen le you do and there was no underhanded marketing going on behind the scenes. Any thoughts or ideas?