View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2002
Disciple

Anenga is flying high
Default Re: Any More Advice?

Quote:
Originally posted by fred57
I tried eDonkey and the whole logging on to different servers part confused me - I wound up in an area with all spanish files, and that didn't help me.

I have yet to try shareaza because everyone seems to be saying that there are very few users, and that has led me to believe that there are few files available.

Somehow I downloaded Kazaa Lite and it is AMAZING. I've downloaded about 7-8 Gigs in the past 2 days, and there is an ample supply of files. It looks like the old Morpheus (did they clone Morpheus or was it the other way around), but whatever it is it is great.

Does anyone think there is any way for me to beat Kazaa? And is Kazaa a Gnutella client or is it separate networks?
Not true. Shareaza does have a small user base, HOWEVER, it uses the Gnutella protocol. So you are also connecting to every other Gnutella client - Bearshare, Limewire, Gnucleus etc. Download Shareaza, you won't regret it.

Kazza is faster, as in results, because it is centralized. Believe me, it won't be here for long. The RIAA is pumping up it's lawyers with steriods, and will be cannon-balling them Kazza's way pertty soon. Gnutella cannot be controlled.