View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2002
Data Cartridge

Becker is flying high
Default Re: Good or bad Gnutella Clients, Please tell us..

I use and use to work for Bearshare.
Bearshare is a nice user friendly client. once you get it set up to the settings that work best for you, you will never look back.

Since bearshare has included file hashing and ultrapeer connections i have been getting more file returns and alot more sources to download my bigger files from. also i like the new personal filer. It has an IRC chat built in if you feel like talking to other people. The programmers at bearshare are friendly and are always coming up with great ideas for the client. It is also a faster running client programmed in VC++.

Bearshare has two versions. A free version which has ads and the payversion which is ad free. Im sure every one and there brother has herd of "spy-ware" which i will only say one thing about it...... you can uninstall it..... but other then that the pro version and the free version are the same.

The only major problem that i ran into was 6 months ago when i ran windows 98. i would leave bearshare running 24 hours and i would VxD errors. i think that the problem was fixed with utlra peers.

http://www.bearshare.com/index.htm

Becker