View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2002
_eLeCtRiFyInG MeMbRr_

nDiScReEt is flying high
Thumbs up Re: I GOT IT WERKIN' THX FOR ALL THE HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by OTazman
The export command wasn't working prolly cuz I was doing it wrong, so I did a 'vi' command on the .bash_profile and tried to edit it that way but I didn't know any of the commands, so I opened the .bash_profile in 'KATE' (advanced text editor) anyways I added the export commands under the other export command that was already there, and saved it logged in and out did a 'which java' command and bodda bing bodda boom it was there, I also did a 'java -version' command and that also worked too, so I was very delighted, so I did the 'sh' command on the LimeWireLinux.bin and it installed it with some errors that didn't seem to effect the installation process... hmmm.. ok so just wanted you to stop boggling your minds thanks for the help =)

-peace SED
[COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue]

Congratulations! No boggle at all as I told you the problem was more likely a typo which apparently it was. There is no way you can enter the export command correctly and not be able to do "which java" or "java -version". I thank you for opening me to another level of newbie instruction. I see I will have to explain all the way to the detail of what editor and with how to save and exit. Thank you once again and congratulations. If the second line of the "export JAVA_HOME" in your ".bash_profile is correct, you can remove the line above it as it is wasting space.

altoine