View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2002
Unregistered

Default Sharing and File Downloading

Just a general statement about sharing my mp3's and others downloading them. That's why I put them out there is for other people to enjoy and get some free music because the music industry has been ripping us off for too long. But I will say that if I like something that I've downloaded and listened to I will go buy the cd. Anyway
It seems that all ya'll out there downloading files could be polite about it. I have my preferences set to 1 upload per person at a time (meaning after that download you're welcome to another if I'm not maxed out) and 8 uploads max at any given time. I don't know how many times someone will begin downloading a file and then my computer is flooded with requests from that person trying to get everything off my hard drive at once, and then another person and so forth. All the additional requests slows down my connection and over all messes with my computers performance. When I see this happening I block those IP addresses and they will remain blocked forever. I'll ignore ones request if they aren't downloading, because my system may be maxed, but if you're downloading and I get a repeat request for more downloads, you'll be NIXXED. Everyone needs to show some respect and courtesy to the ones they're stealing files from, and you'll have good music to download on a future date.
Show a little Gnutella Netticut.