View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2002
Novicius

eclectickatie is flying high
Default Re: Leechers also cause less sharing

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
A very very sad thing- i thought that since i'd started getting some Record Of Lodoss files (verypopular anime) i'd just share them along with my music. I turn on limewire after getting them, and instantly start getting asses who want 6 connections at once and i cant find them sharing a damned. Not to mention even if i kick them (after several minutes of them trying to put in my queue even MORE requestes) they still get priority over ppl just connecting. The solution i had to use - since there is no banning feature i can find in lime wire- i had to unshare my record of lodoss files. Why? because it was hellatiously annoying to see one user trying to do a billion downloads(- i had set a limit i thought 3 downloads at a time per person limit, was fine, but i get screenfulls of requests from certain ips, annoying, very). Sure he actually couldnt get more than 3- but screenfulls of requests- are ****y.
I ran into the same thing although all I share are mp3 files. A HUGE number of requests! (I'm using 2.5.5 and people can browse my files). Go to Options, then Advanced, and Preferences. That's where you can set your Freeloader choices. Personally, I feel like if a person is offering 500 files then they're serious about the concept of true file-sharing. ((The 500 is my only personal choice, your mileage may vary. )