View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2002
LimeWire User

ErikB5 is flying high
Exclamation "uploading" switching to "xfer interupted" and back... client or server issue?

I'm seeing another thing in the 2.5.5 Pro Beta that I have not seen before. At the present time I do not know if it's a 2.5.5 issue or an issue from the remote party client software.

I get a connection from a remote machine to retrieve a file, and all I see in the Monitor tab, is a "uploading" switching to "transfer interupted" and back again, non-stop. Is there a way for the 2.5.5 Beta program to display the client version of the remote machine and/or log for debug purposes only the transfer headers ?

I understand that logging facility in Limewire is not something that people want, but it might help for the Beta programs.

To stop this cycle behaviour, as I surmises it eats network resources to handle the connection process, I simply banned the host in the Filter menu. the text in the filter menu states "You can disallow messages from specific hosts..." Does this mean just stop Chat/messages or upload/messages ? The wording isn't to clear to me.