View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2002
cs student

dangermaus is flying high

thanks for your criticism. I now uploaded version 0.64c which is less aggressive in trying to build up connections to the Gnutella network. There is no reason to try so much, now the host catcher seems to work acceptably. Probably Windows 98 crashed because it can't do a lot of connections. The TCP / IP stack of Win 9x is also known for some bugs (the new TCP/IP stack of Windows NT/2000 and XP is probably copied 1:1 from Unix, as some hackers say)

In these two weeks of holidays I tried to write some documentation more, perhaps you'll find chapter 6 and 7 interesting, although my English should be revised. I hope my professor will come back soon from holidays to look at my docs.
Hyperlinks in the Help page should also help finding things...

Another thing which should work: we have now a permanent host running GPU 24 hours a day: GPU is installed on an Internet coffee host called zaf.homeip.net
If you connect to this host (clicking on the "Add" Button), you can then choose a predefined job in the computing page and play with the "Compute globally" button.

The program looks complex, I tried to do it with an interface a little bit like Bearshare. It looks like this also because it bases on the Gnutellatrans component written by Capn'Bry.
Perhaps we could write a beginner/advanced interface!

bye