View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2001
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CycloCide

That may not have been your intent, but you are misleading people that don't know any better and think that's how much revenue BearShare generates.
I've changed my comments on the BearShare fan <a href="http://www.geocities.com/antibearshit">site</a> to depict my original intent of the statement.

Quote:

You say you hate ads, yet virtually all web sites use them. Would you rather pay for the content on those sites? You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
I generally hate ads. I wouldnt mind them so much if they didnt have privacy issues attached to them. I dont like commericalization of anything especially the net. with commericalization comes some type of centralization of power. Open-source is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too. (Not saying BearShare should be open-source just stating that a lot of things can be beneficial free. By the people for the people sense.)

Quote:

How would you suggest Vinnie generate revenue from BearShare if he doesn't "[integrate] adware, spyware, html banners, etc"?
Investors.