View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2001
anti-bearshare

Quote:
Originally posted by Moak
I don't get "01. The name BearShare."
What the hell is "CareBears", I'm no US citizen. I like the name and the logo.
Its an old *** cartoon like 16 or 17 odd years ago. They are bears that live in the sky and magical powers. When something goes wrong they go down on a rainbow and shoot their magical powers out of their stomachs (they all had a different symbol on their stomachs: hearts, stars, moons, and ballons. wait thats ucky Charms :P). The phrase is not all the bad "The Power To Share". But the mascot if you could call it a mascot. Some bear's head smiling with green headphones on? I joke on the logo because if you read the "<a href="http://www.bearshare.com/about.html">About</a>" Free Peers. The first thing Vinnie and Michael brag about (skill wise) is their elite graphic desiging abilities. Michael even went to school for that. Thats how it is worded on the site. I could definitely create a better mascot looking bear for my "awesome" p2p program. It looks like that bear was "designed" in paintbrush in windows.

Quote:

I don't get "08. Exploit (vulnerability)". There has been one tiny security bug in the V2.2.2 webserver (the "..\" bug), but it's fixed.
Software never will be 100% bug free, nerver. Could'nt someone cool sing a song about software living in a world of bugs.
You're right. But its also fun to pick at. Then again any other client has not had a bug like that found (serious bug).

Quote:

I don't get "04. Vincent and Michael's top skill is "graphic design". Bearshare and the logo does look cool and it's easy to use.
Read above.

Quote:

Okay it should be named Bershare 0.9, because lots of basic things are missing, like hotkeys, tool tips, storing windows size... etc. With a working resume and chat I'll accept 1.x.... with working client/server defneder model I'll accept 2.x. However version maniac is normal in the windows world.
Sort of lost me here!? :]

Quote:

You do forget to list the proprtitary and undocumented QueryHit datastructure which only Bearshare uses. Vinnie says it's top secret. Microsoft isn't a good teacher....
My point exactly!!! Why not share the information to better benefit the network than not?

Quote:

You do forget the stupid client civil war between Limewire and Bearshare and they slow down the further development of the gnutella protocol. Blame both. Swarmcast and others seems to develop an alternative P2P technique.
Vinnie just needs to take some drugs to calm him down or listen to rap music.

[quote]
You do forget to mention memory leaks in bearshare. Or can someone explain why I have to reboot the computer after running Bearshare for hours. I did upgrade to 256MB Ram, actually I still have to reboot after one night of download....
[quote] Its even funnier when someone that actually likes and uses BearShare says it.

Quote:

You do forget that hostcaches in Bearshare are hardcoded and therfore can't be changed. Funny when you see that limewire.com is one of them.
You'll have to give me a little more information on your comment there buddy.

[quote]
You do forget that Free Peers Inc does not build up annother host cache. Bearshare is the most poular and far the most used gnuteall servant... shouldn't they take resposibility and help the community with another host cache.
[quote] I see what you're saying now, yes they should.

Quote:

Maybe it's a money problem... how can limewire.com afford to pay the bill for all?
Or lazyiness. LimeWire has investors.

Quote:

HEY... I'm a Bearshare fan... I could also list the same amount of Bearshare advantages! Yeah and to name only one: I prefer to use bearshare, IMHO it's the best client right now.
Nevermind that Vinnie drugs are bad for you. They distort your mind. Those were advantages it seems like your were pointing out bad thigns about BearShare. Its probably b/c you're not a US citizen I cant understand your English. (little humor no harm intented)

Quote:

Thx Vinnie for that cool and free servant...
Not to mention spyware, adware, html banner free! Wait no thats not right......hmmm...

Quote:

I honestly hope you find a business solution, without buggy spyware installer or home tabs or something to make the users driving crazy.
Dont we all!

Quote:

Shareware? Maybe to dangerous... we all know how fast we get the first crack or serial creater.... sorry I have no answer... but I think Bearshit IS funny, even for a Bearshare fan!
Thanks man. I'll try it keep it funnier as I move along.