View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2002
Unregistered

Thumbs down Limewire 2.5.5

I have been useing limewire since 1.8 days and I must say since then limewire has started to go downhill in terms of number of searches returned. I currently am using 2.5.5 and basically I have to let Limewire warm up for about 15 mins before I can get any searches out of limewire. I also have to keep deleting those morpheous clients out of the connections section or searching is even worse. I bought limewire and I like the interface and such. Other firends of mine that use limeware has also noted the lack files/searches. I really think the older versions of limeware are better. Also I don't think limeware can compare to WinMX. http://www.winmx.com and if you disagree with me and you havent tried winmx you should. Its free and contains no spyware vrap in it. Its way more advanced then limewire and returns thousands of searches to the few hunded I get with limewire. Instead of working on a skinning system for limewire which is currently in CVS I would work on getting better searches out of it.