View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2002
Unregistered

Unhappy xp!

You may have a point, that it is XP and not limewire that causes all the problems.
But still, if XP freezes only when limewire is around, it is most likely limewire's "fault".
XP isn't a really good os, as the rest of the win32 systems, and it's not ment to be stable.
But limewire REALLY bugs my system.

Some of it is mainly Sun's fault, for creating Java in the first place. But most of it is Limewire, that leaks memory like a incontinent old dog.

Limewire freezes up my Internet Explorer, my Netscape Navigator and my Explorer.exe. That I can live with, but when limewire freezes my computer, I get some serious issues with it..

Some unregistered user replied to one of my erased posts that it is my video drivers being out of sync, that causes my computer to freeze. Then explain why in gods name it doesn't freeze up when I'm not running limewire. Explain why limewire accesses my graphical adapter in a way that causes it do break. Explain why my network-load suddenly stops when "my graphical adapter hangs". There's something very fishy about the limewire, and I don't like it.

I've been reinstalling limewire and java in different orders now a couple of times, but nothing seems to help. And frankly, that's not the way I use software. That's a little too much magic for me, having the reinstall and reinstall to "get it right". It's not a stinking kernel i am installing, it's a java-klient to the gnutella network.

And quit erasing my posts, even though they are offensive to the limewire client. It should be taken out the back and get a real good bashing, it should!